This ex-SEPTA President's Conference Committee car was
built in 1946 by the
St. Louis Car Co. for the Kansas City Public Service Co. It ran in Kansas
until 1955 when it was sold along with 39 similar cars to the
Philadelphia Transportation Company and spent most of its life running
on Route 50 (4th and 5th Streets). SEPTA took over PTC in September
During 1975, SEPTA repainted all Kansas
City cars in a new color scheme
to celebrate the nations bicentennial. Each car carried the name of
one of the
13 original states. This car, SEPTA 2255, had the name of New Jersey.
The car was eventually retired by SEPTA and was acquired by the
Buckingham Valley Trolley Association and moved to Penn's Landing in
Unfortunately, the car was extensively vandalized while stored there
it was decided to dispose of the car.
Click here to return to the Images